This game is versatile and can be modified for varying levels and grammar targets. It is quite fun due to the idea, of students correcting mistakes in order to earn money. If you can add some buyable powerups or trophies with the money, we are sure it could be even more fun! Let loose your imagination!
- Students work in pairs or small teams. Teacher will auction off a sentence to the class.
- If you buy a correct sentence and report it correctly, you will earn your money back and an extra $100.
- If you buy an incorrect sentence and fix it, then report it correctly, you will earn your money back and an extra $100.
- General goal, the team with the most money at the end is the winner!
- I would like to go to the moon in the past, however I doesn’t has a rocket.
- The summer is so hot in Australia, it will reach about 40 degrees Celsius in some places.
- I scooped some sands in my hands and. starting building my sand castle.
Credit to AzarGrammer.com
This website has an amazing amount of teacher created resources, if you are responsible for planning your curriculum or lessons this is a great place to find ideas!
We found a simple worksheet for Grammar Auction on this website below: